Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Fruits and Lots of Them. A.K.A My Goal This Year

As I reflect on the year 2007, I think that while I've grown in the knowledge of various theologies and solidified my Christian worldview, I have not been reading the Bible and in prayer as much, hence feeling disconnected with God. It's like I know all the FACTS about a person, such as his favorite food and book, but if I never listen to him nor talk to him, I don't have RELATIONSHIP with him and we don't truly know each other.

Therefore one of my goals this year is to be more consistent in the Word and in prayer. Beginning with Psalm 1:

"Blessed is the man
who walks not in the counsel of the wicked,
nor stands in the way of sinners,
nor sits in the seat of scoffers;
but his delight is in the law of the Lord,
and on his law he meditates day and night.

He is like a tree
planted by streams of water
that yields its fruit in its season" Psalm 1:1-3a

My prayer is that we'll plant ourselves by the streams of God's Word, and through the Holy Spirit, we'll yield more fruit than the farmers' market in the summer.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23

No comments: