Saturday, February 03, 2007

The Grand Illusion

Ever since I became a parent, my desire for control is even more futile as ever. I can't make my child poop, fall asleep, nor learn a certain skill at a certain time.

The truth is, we hardly have any control at all. We thought we do, but we really don’t. I mean, can you control how your heart beat? Can you control how your brain cells work? Can you control whether tomorrow you'd still have a job, a house, a family?

Oh boy. I just open the can of worms of free will/responsibility of our own actions versus God's sovereignty. Bottomline: they both exist. How? Don't know.

"Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
How unsearchable his judgments,
and his paths beyond tracing out!
"Who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or who has been his counselor?"
"Who has ever given to God,
that God should repay him?"
For from him and through him and to him are all things.
To him be the glory forever! Amen.
" Romans 11:33-36 (NIV)

No comments: