Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Consequence of a Late Nap

As I laid down with my son in his bed, waiting for him to fall asleep, I had nothing else to do but to let my tired mind wander:

1. No way I'm letting him nap past 3 p.m. tomorrow.

2. Wouldn't it be great if I can somehow project a book or the Internet on the ceiling so I can read? But then I have to have special glasses so only I can read them and not distract the boy.

3. The chocolate-covered almonds downstairs are definitely calling my name. Hmmm...

4. It's be so cool for mothers to have a special power that can cause their children to fall asleep at will. Nah, maybe not. Too easy to abuse this.

5. This bed is quite comfortable. I'm so thankful that me and my family have a warm bed to sleep in, instead of sleeping on a cold hard floor in a hut, or a sleeping bag in a soldier's tent in Iraq, or a bunk bed in a prison cell. I pray someday my children would realize how blessed they are.

No comments: