Sunday, January 28, 2007

The Driving Force Behind Apple

A must-see for any Apple fan is a video of Steve Jobs, pre-black-turtleneck-and-blue-jeans days and with all of his hair, at a keynote in 1983 showing for the first time ever the famous "1984" ad. He was so smug and the audience went so wild it's like being in a cult.

Reading some stories of Steve Jobs from people who worked with him, I believe one of the reasons Apple's products are so beautiful and work so well is his demand for excellence. For him, good isn't enough and it doesn't worth doing something unless it's done great. This may sound quite harsh but he brings out the best work from the people around him.

I should demand more of myself. Higher expections can bring growth. But I'm not sure how much I should expect from my children. Too low can stun their potential, while too high will be discouraging. Praying for wisdom is a must for parents!

No comments: